In olden days the engines used to be equipped with multiple Belts, performing varied functions. However, modern vehicles are designed to function fully using just a single V-Belt. It is mostly the Poly-V Belt or also known as Serpentine Belts, which is used to power the alternator, power steering, air-conditioning, and all other accessories.
The Serpentine Belts is either a V-Belt of a flat ribbed belt. The advancement in the technology and the rubber compounding has made the Serpentine Belts as the most reliable, single element to drive all the accessories associated with the engine.
The Serpentine Belts may solely operate the alternator or it may also drive other components such as water pump, air compressor, air conditioning compressor and power steering pump etc.
Automotive Poly-V Belts
Experience the product
Our stunning interactive 3D Belt model allows viewers to get a hands-on experience with products by allowing them to view them from any angle or scale with rich rendering.
- Special EPDM high compression compound for enhanced dimensional stability, minimal vibrations and reduced noise levels
- Enhanced performance in extreme temperature conditions because of special thermal resistance compound, where the temperature ranges from -35°C to +130°C
- Special fibre-loaded compound offers enhanced product life
- High power-rated Belts for improved performance over higher load and speed conditions
- Oil and heat resistant, suitable for HEMM applications
- Superior ozone, steam, water and acid resistance to minimize early ageing and crack formation
- Specially designed top fabric for enhanced lateral stiffness and flexibility, protects the Belt from oil, grease or dust
- Specially treated EPDM polyester tension member for high tensile strength with negligible elongation
- Fiber Loaded EPDM compression rubber for high thermal resistance to maintain the profile dimension for longer service life.
Intermediate sizes are available upon request
ISO 9981, RMA IP 26, JASO E-109
Automotive engines, Alternators, Compressors, Water pumps, Fans, Power steering pumps, etc.
|Section||Thickness (mm)||Rib Pitch (mm)||Min. Pulley Dia. (mm)||Manufacturing Range||Length Designation|
|Min. (mm)||Max. (mm)|